Friday 15 January 2016

RSA Student Design Awards

I'm entering again this year into the RSA Student Design Awards in the Moving Images criteria. There are two amazing soundbites available to create visuals for, one on climate change and one about education. Both are so relevant to what I've been researching this year that I've decided to try and create an animation for each.



Living with Less
This one is about climate change. Richard Sennett talks for a minute about how people need to start collectively being less consumerist and actively seek out simpler lives, in order to make a change to our endangered world. I've chosen to animate this using a simple, hand-drawn style in pen and watercolour of recognisable imagery associated with climate change to reflect the need for simpler lives.
I'm hoping the end result will be a fluid, beautiful animation.









No comments:

Post a Comment