Friday 15 January 2016

Education (R)Evolution

The other RSA SDA talk by Debra Kidd on educational reform starts off with a lovely little description of her as a child, cutting out stuff from her mum's catalogues. This idea of scrapbooking and montaging resonated with me and I thought how lovely it would be to incorporate that into my designs for the animation. It was nice to consider a different material approach to my other animations as well by thinking about stop-motion and paper cut out animation techniques. I liked the idea of combining a Monty Python style haphazardness and humour, with hand-drawn/painted elements for nice contrast of textures.

This image was a sketch for a possible 'hero image', but I think I'll take it into photoshop and play around with colour more. Part of me feels that the photo should be greyscaled and the doodles should be vibrant and fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment