Saturday 23 January 2016

PROJECTS! MUSIC! FUN THINGS!

Soooooo I should be focusing on my own projects probably, but this small-scale thing was just too cool and exciting to turn down...

I've got some freelance work on an exciting project this month with Antony Barkworth-Knight for a 6 minute music video. I'll just be working on a bit of rotoscoping of people dancing and walking, some abstract mark-making and hopefully (if we can sort it out) a bit of 16mm film for the animation. I'm filling the role of animation assistant I guess with Antony taking the creative lead.

It's such a funky little tune and Antony's vision for the video is really cool and draws on lots of art and animation history, like this animating gem from Len Lye (the absolute god of the music/animation combo), some old school RCA animations like Carnival by Susan Young, and the works of Henri Matisse. Antony's always very keen to hear my ideas though too, and give me a bit of free reign with the drawn elements. We'll be working with a painter too, who will do a bit of character design for me to then animate in the style of. All very collaborative and professional!


It'll hopefully have a lovely, playful vibe about it, and I'm certain that the rotoscoping will be useful practice for my Claire House animation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment