Monday 25 January 2016

Radiospiration

After a suggestion from my flatmate, I've started listening to podcasts in the background whilst doing my work. It makes a nice change from music occasionally, and on those days when you have lots of 'mindless' drawing or colouring etc it's nice to listen to a narrative. I used to do this with audiobooks as well, but the podcasts are normally based on real life so they offer me more inspiration than fiction. 

I listened to this last night and loved it. http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/strangers/love-good-and-bad
 The structure of the story-telling was really inspiring, and I think that as an audio for an animation (my charity animation in particular) this would work really well, as it's sort of a collage of people's experiences and stories, but held together with a more poetic narrative metaphor. 
For me, this is the audio equivalent of what I want to achieve with my animations; a collaged mix of abstraction and narrative/figurative elements. I think it's just really artistic as a radio piece, and the structure is so effortless. I'm definitely taking inspiration from this for my structure in my films. 

N.B. This podcast would be beautiful to animate as well with the imagery of the fog, and the sea and the loss of love. (Future project?) I mean, just look at these photos from the town in Newfoundland where the inspiration for this podcast came from! Stunning!



No comments:

Post a Comment