Friday 14 March 2014

Mr Rufus Immortalised!

Since a print workshop at the start of 2014, during which I printed an image of my pet rabbit, Mr Rufus, I have been wanting to animate him. This opportunity presented itself when I was taught how to create a .gif animation on Photoshop. I used both my new printing and computer skills to create this .gif of Mr Rufus running around.
I took many films of him running, jumping and cleaning himself, from which I edited the film I wanted. Using iMovie, I then separated out the image sequence, rotoscoped the images into a hand-drawn storyboard, and then photocopied these images onto acetate ready for screen-printing. After screen-printing the background and rabbit onto handmade paper, I then scanned them into Photoshop to create the .gif.

No comments:

Post a Comment