Tuesday 22 December 2015

Throwback Tuesday! Selfridges

This time last year I had just been interning with Selfridges' VM department, and helping them create their Christmas displays. I think this was a good experience for me in terms of showing me what I'm really interested in. I came into the process a little too late I think, and missed the creative designing part, which would have made me feel more involved. Spray-painting the trees gold and doing the actual crafting of pieces for the window displays was really lovely as it reminded me of stage design work I'd done in the past, but as with most voluntary jobs there were dull tasks. I didn't get to help at all with the main window displays, as they probably weren't sure of my capabilities, which did leave me stringing up fairy lights and 'fluffing' fake Christmas trees in the store, occasionally on my own. Personally I find working in a large company less rewarding than for a small team, but it might have taken me longer to realise this had I not tried volunteering for Selfridges.








No comments:

Post a Comment