Tuesday 22 December 2015

Saturday Club Workshops

I'm currently planning 2 workshop sessions for MMU's Saturday Art Club in the new year. I volunteered with NADSC last academic year and over the summer. It's a nationwide initiative run by the Sorrell Foundation, which seeks to inspire creativity in young people. Last summer they had stalls at both weeks of New Designers and there are Saturday Clubs all over the country now. It's doing really well and seems to be growing from strength to strength so I'm always so happy to be involved in volunteering or running the workshops.

The workshops I'm involved in during January are based on a 4 week programme of papercraft. I'm planning one workshop based on a similar activity session I ran last year, which encourages the SatClubbers to create their own storyboards, shadow puppets and scenery for a shadow puppet theatre. Two weeks later they'll be creating artist books (concertinas, pop-up and pocket books) with me, after having been inspired by Special Collections the previous weekend.
More news on this in the New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment