Wednesday 23 September 2015

Moths and Butterflies

I was originally inspired to create an animation for a NPO by Moth Collective's animation for the NSPCC. Since following more of their work through their vimeo account and blog, I've come to also really appreciate their style of animation and their style of storytelling. They reach in and find the human quality in every story, be it for a charity or the New York Times. I prefer their hand-drawn and sketchier style of work to the computer-generated animations. Even though the computerised animations appeal less to me though, the colour schemes in every piece of their work have a lovely, fresh, contemporary feel. This is something I want to bring to the work I'll produce for my chosen charity, who have an internal symbol of a butterfly for all the children they help. 
http://mothcollective.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment