Wednesday 13 November 2013

More animation inspiration...

Stop, Look & Listen
 
I've started to introduce a spiky little friend for Mr Squirrel into my animation now. So, I've started looking at animated and real hedgehog video. I remember these Stop, Look and Listen road safety adverts from my childhood. The animations are very stylised and not realistic at all, but I love the way the little hedgehog rolls in the first video, and it was something I was considering including in my animation already. The pace of my cartoon is more sedate though so I'll probably have a slower, more controlled roll.
 
 
 
 
These hedgehog characters were originally drawn and designed by Joe Simpson in watercolour, but were then adapted to cel for animation by Mark Shepherd, still keeping the watercolour backgrounds. They have been produced by Maria Manton (creative director & producer), Slinky Pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment