Tuesday 5 November 2013

Crazy Squirrel Lady!

I've begun the animation stage of the term now and although it's pretty heavy-going with the amount of drawings we have to produce, I'm loving seeing them transform from a stack of drawings into a moving image. So far I've only got about 7 seconds of animation to show, and it definitely needs a bit of tweaking with the colours especially, but I think it's starting to look like a real animation! I keep imagining it being played to Grieg's Morning Mood, but unfortunately I'm not proficient enough to know how sound should be added yet. I chose to do my animation on a red squirrel rather than a grey because they are a dying breed of a British native and deserve to be documented. I recently watched a BBC programme on Britain's wildlife and without extra help they will definitely vanish from the UK.
So this is it so far, as well as a few squirrel-related videos from Youtube I've been looking at for inspiration on how my little creature will move. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment