Tuesday 19 April 2016

Art School Adventures in London

A couple of weeks ago I went on an unofficial art school trip to London with some friends from the course. We were packed off with a list of must-sees and a hand-drawn map in my friend Dom's pocket, and the vague hope of being able to understand the tube system.

The resultant weekend consisted of some beautiful and interesting artwork (original illustrations for Alice in Wonderland, cardboard Themerson characters etc), some baffling (a pile of sand in the corner of a room entitled, Tonne??? Still getting my head round that one...), some unexpected Czech, Swedish and French friends,  general architecture and market appreciation and a healthy dose of graffiti art.

The Camden Arts Centre was possibly the best exhibition I attended over the weekend for it's collection of Themerson's illustrations, doodles, film and theatre work. I loved the playfulness of it all.
(Another post on the way soon about the illustrator/animator I befriended down in Elephant and Castle.)











No comments:

Post a Comment