Monday 14 March 2016

A tale of a sickly whale

I was having a scout through the 2015 animation graduates of RCA (#inspiration) when I came across Zuzanna Weiss' lovely ink and graphite animation, 'A Tale of a Sickly Whale', created by fellow RCA grad, Rosanna Wan. Not only was I drawn to the really beautiful and simple hand-drawn animation, but I've discovered that I love listening to real people's stories.

I think we all have this ingrained in us; as little humans we thrive off stories and I'm not sure that ever really fades. There's something nice about a podcast in the familiarity of a real voice telling a real story, often not overly edited and somewhat amateur. It's as though you're 5 again and sat in granddad's lap asking him to tell you what it was like in 'his day'.

I think I know what all my work and research comes back to, and that's just an interest in how art can connect people together and share a moment, or a viewpoint, or a story.


No comments:

Post a Comment