Sunday 3 May 2015

Wash and Last Words

I was introduced to the animations of Antony Barkworth-Knight by a tutor earlier this year but his name had fallen into the recesses of my brain until a recent opportunity to work with him came up and I took another look at his work. I've gone for setting a scene rather than a more abstract approach in my current animation but Antony seems to be able to blend the two really well in 'Wash'  particularly. I wanted to have some close-ups of the insects to change the scene a little, now I'm thinking maybe I can take it further and layer up more images with varied opacities to get a more abstract feel?

Anyway, this is beautiful stuff regardless. I love the simplicity of his lines. He gives you just enough detail to know what's going on but you still have to work for the story. It's more immersive for that.

Wash
 
Last Words

No comments:

Post a Comment