Tuesday 22 April 2014

Bunnies and Buddhism

I love rabbits, having always owned them as pets; and I think their movement is fantastic for animations, as it's such a fluid, joyful motion. I wanted to somehow include my love of these little creatures in my animations, and discovered that Fibonacci came up with a hypothetical situation involving rabbit breeding habits, which followed his mathematical sequence.

Until now however this only allowed me the possibility of including bunnies in one of the films. After some further research into shape symbolism in Buddhism and other religions/cultures, I found these images of Buddhist and Celtic triskelions. 

I may not include these in the final films as there is already a lot of imagery and content relating to my subject, but for my own personal interest, I'm really pleased to have discovered these quirky little images. They are especially interesting to me as I have Irish celtic roots as well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment